STEWARD

It was called ‘Storridge’ at an early date. In an inquisition post mortem of 1503 it appears as ‘ten acres of land, ten of pasture, 2 of meadow and ten of furze and heath in Stoures and Pitton within the parish of Moreton worth 20s held of Robert Cary esq as of his manor of Heghen by fealty and suit of court.’ [IJFM]

STEWARD MILL

 

STEWARD FARM. Listed by English Heritage (ID no. 85034) as ‘Farmhouse. Probably C16 origins, altered in C17 with circa late C17 wing added. Remodelled in C19.’

 

 

 

^ TOP ^