TOLLHOUSE. Listed by English Heritage (ID no. 85035) as ‘early 19th century’. The Act for this Turnpike Trust was passed in 1826 but the road had not been built in 1834.
The bridge, also known as Wray Bridge, carried the road from Moreton to Bovey over the Wray Brook and had date stone marked 1819. It was replaced by a new bridge, slightly upstream, in 1982. The name of King's Bridge appears on old maps as crossing the stream where Folly Lane joins the Bovey road.